Saturday, September 4, 2010

Smart Kid

Ava loves to look for diamonds when we are driving down the road. By diamonds, I mean road signs in the shape of a diamond. (When she was younger, she would look for octagons) Wednesday night, on the way home from Papa and Mamaw's house, she started saying, "Say amarillo diamond." I knew she was speaking Spanish, but I didn't know *what* she was saying. I wondered if "amarillo" meant diamond in Spanish. She kept saying this over and over as she saw 4 or 5 signs. I actually felt like I was in a "Go, Diego, Go!" episode. :)

Today she said the word again in front of Michael. So I told him the story. He informed me that "amarillo" was yellow in Spanish. Then he asked me if the signs were yellow. I know you are not going to be surprised by my answer... they were! Is my kid a genius or what?!? I just had to share that story. She also impressed me tonight by counting to 12. I do work with her on stuff, but I promise you all that I do not sit around and try to push stuff on her. I understand that she is only 2! I know you all are thinking, "well, she's in preschool now", but let's remember that she has only been in for 2 days. Okay, I am just bragging now. :)

I forgot to mention that she can also count in Spanish. Yes, I'm still bragging.

No comments:

Post a Comment